The Somers-Lakeside PTA is aware that parents, teachers and community members have a choice of organizations to which they donate their time and money. We invite you to join with us as we work towards enhancing the educational experience of the students in our district, maximizing communication between school and home and facilitating opportunities for parents to be involved in their child’s education.
Why join the PTA?
* Gain satisfaction by supporting a group that works on behalf of all children.
* Stay connected with school administrators, teachers and parents.
* Tap into a network that shares concerns, ideas and enthusiasm.
* Participate in events that help unite our community, some of which raise funds that can directly enrich your child’s educational experience. In 2015-16 school year, $18,000 was donated to the district as a result of PTA efforts and distributed back to schools in the form of school events, grants and scholarships.
* Be a role model. As a PTA member, you'll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
* Witness improvement by being a part of the solution.
Becoming a PTA member means adding your voice to those working to make a difference in children's lives.
We would like to invite you to be a part of our team!